Monday, January 13, 2014

Freedom...

Power, not speed: steady, loyal, and true

For this week’s Blog Azeroth shared topic Dragonray asks:
What are your top 5 mounts – or just the ones you go to all the time because you like the way they ride? What are the ones you really dislike and can never bring yourself to use – does it rub against your collecting nature (if you have one) to buy all the mounts even though you know you will never use them?


Horses at Midnight Without a Moon

 
by Jack Gilbert

Our heart wanders lost in the dark woods.
Our dream wrestles in the castle of doubt.
But there's music in us. Hope is pushed down
but the angel flies up again taking us with her.
The summer mornings begin inch by inch
while we sleep, and walk with us later
as long-legged beauty through
the dirty streets. It is no surprise 
that danger and suffering surround us.
What astonishes is the singing.
We know the horses are there in the dark
meadow because we can smell them,
can hear them breathing. 
Our spirit persists like a man struggling 
through the frozen valley
who suddenly smells flowers
and realizes the snow is melting
out of sight on top of the mountain,
knows that spring has begun.
- See more at: http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/22888#sthash.fzM722Co.dpuf


A felsteed stays loyal to the end...

A tiny gnome grows large and proud...

A Night Elf returns to the light of Winterspring...

A timid priest and her familiar find a faithful friend...

The price of blood comes with loyalty...

And true love flees while truer love stays...
White War Talbuk

3 comments:

  1. The more I look at these posts the more I realize I must have 50 or so favorites, lol. Frostsaber! How did I forget you and the bear I did soooo many dailies hoping for and oh! Onyxian Drake! You would be my extra special favorite if you would only drop for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talbuks still take my breath away…and I know I cheated, but couldn't possibly contain it to five...

      Delete
  2. Anonymous14.1.14

    I love using the class mounts, I mean it's not like you can use them on anyone else, right? The profession mounts play a close second though. My tailor was especially eager to make those carpets.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!