Wednesday, October 9, 2013

3 Ways


I can imagine what kind of traffic I might get with this title, but oh well. Living on the edge, you know?

So, sometimes in the cost-benefit analysis, you just gotta say eff-it. There are three ways to get what you want in Azeroth:

1. Win it through happy-shiny-RNGs-love-me-love-me-not-love-me again
2. Have a friend give it to you
3. Buy it

(Hmmmm...sounds a lot like something else I can think of....too early, Matty!!!)

Anyway, because Momokawa won the Darkmoon Eye so quickly, she sold it, for far too low (I am embarrassed at my lack of AH prowess), but got a little sum tucked away. Matty's alts did some bank reconstruction work for her friend Turk, and earned a nice dividend. Okay, okay, seems fine. But this morning after the umpteenth Den Mother hunt, repair bills out the wazoo, and loss of time and happy-joy-joy, I just said screw it and found Moon Moon on the AH for, gee, guess what? About the same amount as Momokawa and Matty had on had.

Sold.

It's not as much fun to do #3, but at least it gets the job done.

Anyway, I love Moon Moon - and plan on adding tales of him to my stack of stories. At least now I'll have a little more time than money, friend.


9 comments:

  1. This post really made me laugh - especially that first line :P
    I've only killed Moonfang once (no pet) but from what I've been reading it seems pretty hard to get hold of. Definately a pet I'll be checking out on the AH and if it's not too expensive probably end up buying too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shockingly, no one has searched for any salicious things!

      Delete
  2. mu-hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    aye.ye wicked wicked wee lassie. Spendin gold. Noo, oft wae ye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9.10.13

    It's always a bonus when I actually get a pet somehow other than off the AH which is where most of mine came from. I am happy you have your Moon Moon maybe he will make friends with Mrs. Whitworth! Hey, it could happen!

    Now I'm waiting to see what will turn up in your keyword search of the week after that title, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing so far; guess folks are too busy looking up wolf archetypes and Hasselhoff.

      Delete
  4. Just FYI your timing is terrible. I got a second one to drop tonight and was going to send it to you :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then sell it for 10K and give me the gold? Damn, man, some things are better left unsaid!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9.10.13

    Ahh, you caved. I'm sure the gold was worth all the hassle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, totally - last night I actually went out for a beer and appetizers with CD Rogue, instead of watching the clock for spawn times. Yes, time is gold, friends, but sometimes time is living a real life, too!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!