Tuesday, March 19, 2013

RTMT: Such a character!

I don't always take off work, but when I do, it's usually a Tuesday...

I am not sure why it's worked out this year that when I have needed to take days off from work, they always fall on Tuesdays. I swear it's not intentional. If I was going to schedule doctor, dentists, and other real life necessities it would be on Wednesdays, (duh!), but Tuesdays have been the trend, and not by my choice. Well--all I can say is this means I have hours to write, and write I shall. Prepare for the onslaught in your RSS feed.

Tome won a contest with The Crimson Hammer, a Gusting Grimoire! This inspired another mog idea: favorite characters from books! I know you're all busy getting dinosaur bones, and squirting-blood daggers, and I can't ask anything more of you--but when I log on, I'm going to create some characters from my favorite books. It was interesting to me that of all the books folks loved on Crimson's posts, most were SciFi/Fantasy: this made me feel a little odd. My favorite books were not this, unless you count Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, which I read in college.

My list:


Miss Havisham

Scarlett O'Hara

Harriet the Spy

Sissy Hankshaw

Princess Leigh-Cheri

That's a pretty good list to get started with. (Even for a Tuesday.) If you want to throw one in the mix, I'd love to see it, so throw me a dinosaur bone and let me know if you come up with something!

And speaking of great writing, read Navi's tale of warlockery: Aza and the Green Fire (Chapter III)




2 comments:

  1. Oooo, I forgot about the Hitchhiker's Guide! Talk about a book of weirdness and hilariousness, Ford Prefect, FTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many great books...so much game time...! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!