Saturday, February 2, 2013

Drabble: Sapphire Blue



“Ready to make that panther for me?” he asked unceremoniously, “I’ve got the goblin orb here.” “Well, of course! Let me gather the other materials,” the lazy jewel crafter replied. She had neglected her craft for some time now, having hurried to obtain the skills to make exquisitely carved panthers: since her pockets usually held lint and coppers, there was no point. But she didn’t make anything for gold; happiness came from creating for friendship. Rubies, living steel, and care: complete. He flew off, with all the joy a Dwarf dare show.

Later she wondered how the other orb got in her bags...



Editor's note: I am looking forward to the day we can name our mounts. Of course this one would be Seraphina.
Oh, to read some other great writing: Tome of the Ancient Pet Battle Stories

6 comments:

  1. That's such an evocative picture for me. I don't know why, like a dream or a story just out of reach. I wonder what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tome, I felt the same way - I didn't even realize it when I was taking screenshots, and when choosing one this one was the one...

      Delete
  2. Sounds very much like my engineering. I rushed to get it to 600 (currently at 590 lol) so I could have a jeeves for my raid team, and have pretty much done nothing with it since. But I like to create things to make people happy as well. Good on you! btw... nice second orb. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am lucky to have great friends. Your guildies are lucky to have you, too!

      Delete
  3. That screenshot is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - just got lucky on the click on that one!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!