Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day Two: Why, oh why?

Day Two: Why did you decide to start a blog? 

This is embarrassing. I thought I was being clever. Turns out - no. Not so much. I am not a 'special little snowflake' in the storm of Blizzard bloggers.


Pretty little snowflakesFalling to the ground;Here is one, there is one,Ev’rywhere they’re found.
A boy kneels on a window seat, looking out at the snow.
See them fall so gentlyThrough the frosty air;Every little snowflakeHas its beauties rare.

There are far more qualified, talented, and informative bloggers than I; just look at my blogroll. But if I never get an interview on Twisted Nether, or am featured on WoW Insider, that's cool. I don't want to go all Lindsay Lohan on your asses. And to those friends who read, I will say this, again and again: Thank you. You're my brass in pocket. (And no that's not a euphemism - get your heads out of the gutter!)



Theme Song: Brass in Pocket/The PretendersI'm special...so special...

10 comments:

  1. Awesome choice in music videos to share!

    Supposedly history repeats itself every 20-30 years...you can see it mostly in fashion (popped collars were abundant in the mid to late 80s). Why can't it be like that with music? The 50s through the 80s had some GREAT music. Why can't we have some of that back????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Pretenders, Police, INXS, Peter Gabriel, (and still do) - ah yes, dating myself, but hey - Chrissie Hynde is still rockin' it, so why can't I? Oh, heavy dose of The Specials, etc. (Dang, look at this list! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ska_musicians)

    I had a list going of all my theme songs, but it became unmanageable, so delete it went!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassaberee12.2.13

    I appreciate your blog because it is more about entertainment than trying to teach me "how" i should play my toon. I get that advice from PUG's, LFR, LFD and trade chat. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cass, very much -- some of that advice...well...! Haha! If I've ever given you a reason to laugh, then my work is done! Hope you and yours are thriving and happy, cause truly, hokey-pokey aside, that is what it's really all about.

      Delete
  4. Can we be brass monkeys instead? We funky monkeys! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing beastie boy-eeeee!

      Delete
  5. I can totally relate to this, as I have been blogging for just a year longer, and am no special snowflake. My blog is about as random as my play style. Tutorials? Too much work. Guides? Well, I think I made some for a few holidays, but they are waaayyy outdated.

    If we did this to entertain the big guys, we'd be very sad chickens right now. I will now go re-lurk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we entertain them after all-who knows? Probably not. Haven't gotten a Sword of a Thousand Truths in my loot drops lately.

      Delete
  6. Thank you! I always hope there's going to be music when I visit cause you always pick the best stuff you special snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm special, all right...! :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!