Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sometimes, when you are a man...

One of my favorite 'journey of the hero' tales is Nacho Libre. It has it all: the lovable sidekick, the goddess/mother figure, the temptress, the guardian angel, the villain-and of course, an epic moment of apotheosis that may or may not involve a water gypsy and eagle eggs.

Someone near and dear to me created this character in homage:


Because, Chancho, sometimes, when you are a man, you wear stretchy pants...


Nacho is, naturally, a priest.

Which brings me to this transmog idea - (no, no more challenges or contests. I just can't handle them in my disorganized, devil-in-the-details world right now) -- just an idea - make one based on your favorite movie characters. Go Hollywood. Heck, go Bollywood for all I care.

And yes, he has a mage named Duder. Or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is going to take some thinking, ouch. How to pick my favorite, there are so many. I'll have to make a list and start there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I jotted down some ideas yesterday, too. Now, if I only had time. There is a lot of kicking/screaming going on right now. I see the end, and as my mom would say, I'm like a horse who sees the barn -- there is nothing else on my mind right now but a much-needed break.

    Soon, my precious....sooonnnn!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!