Sunday, April 29, 2012

One fine day...

Sometimes you have to begin with an ending:





Well, that's from Arthas' perspective, in any case.



From my point-of-view, I got to tag along with JD's (aka Amateur Azerothian) crew yesterday for a cross-realm raid. Yes, Mr. Arthas Menethil, your time has come, again.

We had a blast, and I stacked up the achievements like cord-wood:


The Ashen Verdict likes me! They really like me!


Before...with some of Mylune's flowers...


After...



Highlord Tirion Fordring, although looking like an insurance salesman to me, seems appreciative of our efforts...

Shiny happy raiders!
BUT--as fun as that was, and indeed it was fun, I found myself with an agenda, and underlying motivations. The thing was, this was what I have been looking for in a raid group for a long time. It was a great balance of irreverence (notwithstanding my love of dirty martinis) and actual game knowledge/mechanics (DON'T STAND IN THE DEFILE! okay okay!) We did all this without Vent, tripped up a few times (I am pretty sure I ran too far away from the Sindragosa fight, hence, the gate locked me out--I've done that one a few times and should have listened to my own knowledge/experience), and the boat fight started before I could strap on my parachute. I jumped off the boat anyway to see what would happen, and nothing. Just landed back on the deck of the non-fun, er, fight, boat. I have also done that one successfully, so was kind of bummed I could jet over and punch the villains in the snouts.

Which leads me to my agenda. I don't want JD to go. And, I am going to see if I can help make that happen. All I want to do is the occasional old content raid with fun people, and check out newer content with folks who do not take it seriously. Yes, of course I want to "win," but I have some fairly strong opinions on what a "win" is. Did I have fun? Yes. Did I make other people smile or laugh? If yes, win again.


I am not sure what Ke$ha means by 'waking up like P.Diddy,' but it can't be a good thing. I still have no further understanding of this one fight after watching this video except for a healthy debate over UI and musical tastes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQsqiDSuug8


And my other agenda is this: I want that Frostbrood mount. I don't care if we get a 25-man together or not. I only have a few more to go--whaddya say, guys? Wanna come along? I can't do this alone. So put on your swagger, 'Kick 'em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger...sure. He's probably there. Along with Arthas.



9 comments:

  1. Anonymous29.4.12

    That part about not wanting me to go was a heartstringer...

    And yes, we're totally on board with the mount. And old raids...and just good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Being a nice person does work out sometimes!

      Delete
  2. It was wonderful wasn't it? JD's not kidding in his header, haver of fun, he delivers!

    And you were an excellent purveyor of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can dish it up, that's for sure!

      Delete
  3. Grats on all those achievements :)
    Glad you had fun, I'll have to try and make the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! The 25-man ones were from about a year ago, when a guild who was friendly with my current guild asked me to go along, but never finished. And they wanted me to heal, for heaven's sake. *shudder*

      Delete
  4. Should you need some help with having fun, Gurdrid likes to thumb her nose at the bad guys! (Especially Moira, hence the self-crafted dark iron gear).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done, Shoryl -- anyone with a character named Gurdrid is my kind of folk.

      Delete
  5. That looked like an amazing blast :) Sigh, wish I was alliance... oops bite my tongue. What a terrible thing to say! My druid would throw dung at me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!