Saturday, December 10, 2011

Malpractice (with revised theme song)

I deserved that.

Nothing like removing a tank's boot from one's tail to jar some sense of renewed healing responsibility. On my beautiful priest, Zep, things were moving along okay, but had forgotten that I played with my talent tree a bit and I think pruned it too much. In one of the new dungeons today, Mannoroth always gives me a run for my mana, and today was no exception. I have enjoyed the backing of great dps and tank friends when I play as my healer, and a quick sprouting of a set of angel wings doesn't seem to cause most alarm. Mannoroth takes a lot of mana out of girl, though, and combine that with yucky neon-pee colored fire, resurrecting back into it, will try even the most charming of tank's patience, as it was today. The tiny, sycophantic words, "You are no longer in this group's instance" sting like a flu shot--needed, but it's mean medicine.

So, back to the drawing board. Put back on Circle of Healing, looked at the trees again, tidied up the action bar a little bit. I know I need to use Vuhdo, but I really hate its interface, so I've just been using raid frames and Spellflash/Omni.

Before I took a long hard look at my FAILURES--I went into that dungeon again. Little more mentally focused, but tank died, and he apologized. I warned them all that if there was fire I would abandon them all and to not take it personally. They didn't-- in fact, were all quite charming. Someone missed the interrupts on the Queen - one wipe. No. Big. Deal. We adjusted, got it right, and did it again. Everyone went home with 150 Valor Points in their gift bags and a smile on their faces. But, I am glad I got kicked from the first one, because really, the second time was tough, and it was time to take a hard look. I'm not sure if what I reconfigured will work better for the new dungeons, but we'll see. I have the number of a good lawyer if you want to sue for damages and mental anguish.

Theme Song: Last One Standing/Neil Finn

Quick Holy Priest Notes

Revised theme song: Somebody I used to know...Gotye
(Man is that video going to look dated in ten years)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!