Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lost in the mail.

This is the only engraved invitation I have ever been in control of. 

It's taken me months to earn an intermittent spot on the ten-man raid team: I am so grateful that the GM is understanding and tolerant of my real-life responsibilities, and when I can go, and there's a spot open, I will go. There are veteran guild members who have been with the guild through much, and their tenure is secure and just.

But how do you explain that to a new guild member, one who thinks they may be, dare I say it, entitled to a spot? Who seek out an invitation, instead of just signing up and taking their chances, or even starting their own raid?

I was just in the process of drafting this post, when a young guild member quit. Took others by surprise, but not me. He had said several times statements such as "Guess I don't get to go," or "I didn't get an invite I guess."

The writing is on the wall in those occasions.

Theme Song: Some Postman/PUSA

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5.10.11

    As an interesting aside there, the (ex-) guild member in question informed the raid leader that he would not be enchanting his gear before he was given a guarantee to a raid spot. This is, in my humble opinion, not the best strategy to convince me to kick out someone I've been raiding with for years on his behalf.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!